Film: Behind the Scenes
Planning of the film shoot may have taken a while, due to equipment and facilities not being as available as we though they would be, however, the actual day of shooting ran smoothly without any hitches at all. Working together a group, we were able to set u the studio to have a green screen, as shown in these behind the scenes shots, which would hopefully facilitate the animation effects in post production more easily. We were also lucky enough to have help from a professional make up artist, Maria Parmar Mua and her assistant Abbi Rose, whom were able to visualise the look for the two models for us.
This was the first time I saw the prototype on an actual person, in which the garment was quite tight. The dress was quite short, which was to be expected due to the problem outlined in my previous post. It will be interesting to see what the garment will look like on screen. With the use of a high definition recording camera and 3D camera for taking still, we were able to capture a lot of footage for us to edit down into the film. The use professional lights, equipment and studio space, definitely made it easier for us to carry out the shoot. One problem we did encounter was that it was not possible to check the footage on a large screen to ensure that the material was good enough to use, which could be problematic if there are shots that are not working. One problem that we discovered after shooting was that there was some electrical interference with some of the material, causing a flickering, which was not desired. This is a lesson for next time, as we were unaware of the problem.
Overall, I feel that the shoot was successful, and it will be interesting to see the final result, and receive the feedback from the audience.